The simple fact is that the world is changing at an ever-increasing rate.
To be a successful leader, you need to manage these changes, especially the technological advances and forced regulatory reforms, in a way that motivates and inspires staff, clients and business partners.
The APEX program is about helping you grow your businesses through challenging times.
Your team demands inspiration and leading thinking from their organisation's top people.
Our 2014 APEX sessions, facilitated by Matt Church, Founder of Thought Leaders Global, helped advisers to take stock of their readiness to lead through the disruption and reform. Here’s a re-cap:
Session 1: Are you a leader worth following?
In our first APEX session for 2014, Matt challenged the audience to re-examine, re-energise and re-focus their leadership style – providing some great insights into what makes a successful leader.
Matt explained that today's new leaders need new techniques to increase engagement. It used to be about systems, process, structure and hierarchy. Now we’re seeing an emerging requirement for inspirational, creative thinking, consultative styles and effective partnering.
“Your team demands inspiration and leading thinking from their organisation's top people,” Matt said. “Winning hearts and minds has always been the leadership imperative.”
It's this ‘lit-up' quality of great leaders that sets them apart. The ability to be lit up and light up others is more science than art. You can learn it. It becomes a habit, a choice.
So, are you a leader and if so are you a leader worth following?
Some of Matt’s key tips on how leaders can inspire others were to…
- develop, retain and attract top performers
- leverage your expertise to gain market share and drive revenue
- foster innovation from within the business
- breakdown silos and increase knowledge sharing
- raise the profile of your business authentically.
Session 2: Adapt to change and position your business for the future
Matt Church returned for the second APEX session for 2014 with an interactive workshop aimed at uncovering and overcoming the unique challenges facing individual businesses.
Matt explained that there are four business revolutions (Technology, Commerce, Workforce and Creative) and four personal evolutions (Authenticity, Expertise, Inspiration and Leverage) that will affect our industry including:
- we’re in a ‘decade of disruption’ where the pace of change is faster than ever. The most successful advisers will be the ones who are quickest to adapt.
- advisers need to adopt a trans-disciplinary approach to business and strengthen your expertise across multiple disciplines.
- when the world goes high tech, you need to go high touch. Diagnostic selling is the future.
Access the workbook
If you didn’t attend APEX, or if you’re interested in revisiting the content from the second session, speak to your Business Development Manager to access the workbook.